Most websites in North America and Europe now need to meet accessibility requirements. These include requirements described by Section 508 of the American Disabilities Act (ADA). They also refer to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0).
Follow these five easy steps to make your wireframes more accessible:
- One: Document the heading structure.
- Two: Document hidden way-finding cues.
- Three: Document focus order information and specify the visible focus state.
- Four: Provide clear link labels.
- Five: Design simple, usable forms.